Recently

26 January 2013

Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask


Catastrophe Cosmetic was the very first Lush product I ever bought. Enticed into the shop by the array of gorgeous smells and colourful decor, I was immediately drawn to the multicoloured pots of 'goo' sitting on ice. One in particular, that possessed a gorgeous shade of lavender, was Catastrophe Cosmetic.

Packed full of blueberries, this fresh face mask combines Irish moss gel to soften the skin, almond oil to moisturise and a mixture of rose absolute and chamomile essential oils to soothe away any irritation. This amazing product gives your skin a deep cleanse and rids your pores of any impurities or grease-prone areas. 

I keep this face mask in the fridge as this prolongs its shelf life, and tend to use it once or twice a week to rejuvenate my skin. To use, I smear it all over my weary face and leave it on for about 15 minutes to do its magic. Then I either wash it off with warm water or clamber into the bath and let it fall off under the surface.

This vitamin and mineral-packed face mask tones, soothes and moisturises my skin like no other face mask. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and refreshed, and as it's stored in the fridge, provides cool relief on a hot, summer's day.

The mask itself has a pleasant aroma: quite sweet and fruity, and the texture is thick and contains pieces of real blueberries. Unfortunately, this latter point might not work to the product's advantage as the pieces of blueberries seem to get stuck in the plug hole. 

However, once the product is on, it dries within around five minutes, and leaves your skin feeling calm and immediately rehydrated once removed. And unlike most face masks I have tried before, it doesn't dry your skin out or produce an unpleasant tightening whilst it's on.

Given that Lush only have three vegan face masks, I'm not exactly spoilt for choice. However, this is definitely my favourite one yet. It gives my face a natural glow without stripping my complexion of it's natural oils and I will continue to use to improve the condition of my skin. 

What is your favourite Lush face mask?

Quantitative Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Infusion (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis),Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050.

Vegan?: Yes.

Price: £6.50

1 comment

  1. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating irish sea moss powder

    ReplyDelete


UP