Recently

9 February 2013

Lil' Pud Bath Bomb


First things first. To me these smell nothing like Christmas Pudding. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. When I think of the traditional dessert, I think of a sticky-sweet concoction of raisins and brandy mixed in with the slight hint of nutmeg or mixed spice - it conjures up memories of every Christmas I've experienced as far back as I can remember, forcing myself to eat a generous helping of the stuff even when the roast is still trying to digest. The feeling of heaviness and gluttony weigh heavy on my mind.

This miniature bath bomb doesn't immediately give off a strong scent, which I know might put off some people from buying this product. However, the second it hits the water, the poignant smell of cloves and cinnamon begin to 'do their thing'.

As the bomb begins to dissolve quickly in the tub, it fills your bathroom with a wonderful spicy, sultry aroma. Sharing its scent with the popular Snowcake Soap, you can smell the wonderfully decadent benzoin and the creamy marzipan aroma alongside the spices. While there's nothing in the ingredients list to suggest where there the smell comes from, there was a slight hint of ginger in the mix and this reminded me of freshly baked gingerbread. Yummy!

Despite the lovely smell, once this bath bomb is in use, it leaves your water a murky brown colour, which is far from attractive. The bomb also produces very little bubbles, meaning that you're left to bathe in a tub full of, what looks like, sewage-tinted liquid. 
Smelling of marzipan and full of lovely goodies like lemon peel powder, clove powder, aloe vera extract and rose absolute, this ballistic leaves your skin soft. However, I've yet to use a Lush Bomb that doesn't leave my skin feeling soft, so I'd say this effect is owed more to my entire bathing experience than the bath bomb alone.

Despite it's size, this miniature replica of the original Lush Pud gives off a strong aroma throughout your entire bathing experience and leaves its mark on your skin afterwards. Unfortunately, it also leaves a mark on the outside of your tub as well so you may have to give it a rinse down after the water has drained. 

Overall, while the smell it offers is beautiful, I wasn't overly keen on Lil' Pud Bath Bomb. At first I put this down to the fact that when I acquired these Lil' Puds, they were over a year old, so I assumed that perhaps they had lost their 'magic' due to ageing. However, reading old reviews, it seems that the lack of bubbles and 'flare' was a normal trait for these Christmas specials. 

If you're looking to enjoy a Christmas-spiced bath bomb, I would definitely recommend Cinders over this any day. These aren't terrible, but I can see why they didn't make it back into the Christmas range last year. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Aloe Vera Extract,Clove Powder, Lemon Peel Powder, Cassie Absolute, Benzoin Resinoid, Rose Absolute,Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Benzoate, Perfume,Candy Holly Leaf.

Vegan?: Yes

Scent Family:



No comments

Post a Comment


UP