Recently

4 March 2013

Let The Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser



Lush's Let the Good Times Roll is a new facial cleanser that was released as part of the Christmas 2012 range. Unfortunately, it was also released as a limited edition product, and I was saddened to discover that they'd discontinued it a couple of weeks back. However, like a lot of Lush products, there are still many floating around on eBay that you can pick up fairly cheap if you're interested.

On the Lush site, LTGTR comes with the description; 'We popped corn oil, polenta, maize flour and cinnamon in here.  The perfect recipe to gently exfoliate, moisturise and soften your skin for those times when you want to get ready for close-ups.

Let The Good Times Roll is a gentle treat for the skin, leaving you soft to the touch with a lingering buttery caramel popcorn fragrance - when you look and feel this good you can give your Body Double the day off!'. 

Looking at the ingredients list, it's fair to say that I was a little hesitant to believe that Maize flour, Corn oil, Polenta or Popcorn could have any positive effect on my skin. It sounded like such a strange concoction for a facial cleanser, so I had no choice but to test it out.  
At first I was a little put off by the strange, straw coloured paste that greeted me on opening the container. However, as soon as I had a sniff of the buttery,  caramel fragrance, it was love at first sniff! The texture is smooth but as you massage it on you’ll feel the finer, grainy texture of the cleanser. The grainy texture feels a little like sand, however it polishes the skin to a smooth, refined finish and leaves it feeling soft and radiant.

One downside to this cleanser, and something that must differ with different skin types, is that I am unable to use this successively for more than two days in a row. I once used this cleanser for five days straight, and found that it began irritating my skin, stripping too many layers of skin off and leaving it feeling raw and dry.

However, I tend to use this alongside other Lush cleansers so whenever I do use this, it leaves my skin exfoliated and silky smooth. This product is a mix-up between a cleanser and a daily scrub. It won’t remove makeup or deeply cleanse your skin. However, it will clear your pores of unwanted dirt and fill your bathroom with a beautiful buttery fragrance.

For me it’s one of Lush’s best products, which is saying a lot given that I absolutely adore Lush. I have no idea why they have chosen to remove it from their range, but I sure hope it makes a reappearance soon.
Quantitative Ingredients: Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water, Corn Oil, Polenta, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn

Vegan?: Yes

Price: £6.75 for 100g, £16.88 for 250g.


Scent Family:
Let The Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser

Pop Art Bath Bomb



11 comments

  1. Love LTGTR smells like buttered muffins to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another favorite... the smell is AMAZING and it makes my skin so soft. I don't use it every day though, maybe like 3 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same - if I used it every day, I can imagine it making my skin a little dry.

      Delete
  3. just so you know, on your highest rated page, this is listed as 'let the good times roll facial moisturiser' love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought this and am obsessed with the smell - is there anything else Lush do in the same scent family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent of hair custard is very similar and it is currently my favorite lush product

      Delete
  5. The popcorn lip scrub smells the same as LTGTR AND it's edible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is now a regular staple in the Lush store!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can´t live without this one <3

    ReplyDelete


UP