Recently

2 July 2013

Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb


A bath bomb shaped to look like a Robot?  The general theory of relativity? Hah, Einstein! The person who invented this is more of a genius than yourself. I have a strange obsession with all things 'Robot' and it goes without saying that I'm a massive Lushie, so this should go hand in hand as being the best cosmetic invention of the last few hundred years.

Okay, so I may be being a little 'over-the-top' but you get the gist. I love Robots. I love Lush. Robots + Lush = potential favourite product ever. However, all is not well. Perhaps it was my high hopes, or maybe I was just having a bad day, but this product did not live up to my expectations. 

First off, I have to make it clear that this product has been designed for babies. The baby bot claims to exterminate tiredness and send babies off to the land of nod. Not only does it contain sleep-inducing oils, but everything has been selected to be mild, gentle and soothing for skin and any itchy bits.
However, Lush never create a product that has a single purpose so I was keen to try this out on myself. Possessing a natural lavender scent and containing essential chamomile and sandalwood oils, it's ingredients have been selected to be mild, gentle and soothing on the skin and the senses. Why wouldn't it work for an adult as well as a child?

Needless to say, this ballistic turns your bath water a dazzling shade of blue, and fizzes instantly as it hits the water. The scent is a very mild one, which given that it's designed for children, I was expecting. Unfortunately, as it's designed for the little un's, it also doesn't stretch very far in the bath, so you may need to use two to get a stronger scent or more 'fizz' for your buck.

It does seem to help you to relax and unwind, so that's definitely a positive, and it would probably benefit those with sensitive skin, who may find other Lush bath bombs too 'overpowering'. At a low price of £1.90, it's also Lush's cheapest bath bomb. However, it doesn't fair well in an average adult-sized bath and the scent all but disappeared very quickly upon it dissolving in the tub.
Overall, it didn't really do much for me and the colour and scent faded within 5-10 minutes of being in the bath, so not one I would choose to use again. I was hoping that this ballistic would have multiple uses but this is probably the first cosmetics I have purchased from Lush that really only works for it's intended purpose. I'm sure babies and toddlers will appreciate this, but as a fully grown insomniac, it's not going to get me far. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42053, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £1.95 each.
2016 Price: £1.95 each.

Scent Family: 
Ickle Angel Bot Bath Bomb
Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb
Ickle Devil Bot Bath Bomb






2 comments

  1. I'm claire btw and I have used this and found oposite reaction to you. I struggle with isomnia and it worked magic on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad it worked for you. I too suffer from Insomnia but I found a minty bath bomb such as Haaganbath helped me more than this - I think I need something a little stronger to knock me out :)

      Delete


UP