Recently

30 July 2013

Yellow FUN



The Lush FUN line consists of five different coloured bars, each with a different unique scent. You have Pink FUN, which is a fruity candy smell, Yellow FUN, which has a vanilla scent, Red FUN, which is mandarin and orange, Green FUN, which possesses a lemon and lime scent, and Blue FUN, which offers a lavender scent.

Yellow FUN was the first of the five that I bought and I instantly fell in love with the scent, which is reminiscent of the Vanillary perfume. Unlike most cosmetics, Lush use natural ingredients to create a fresh, non-synthetic smelling vanilla scent, so this is a real treat to behold. Unlike most vanilla scents, Fun brings a nice, warm vanilla smell that makes an incredibly relaxing and indulgent treat.
At first I was a little hesitant to fork out £5 for a bar, as it was more expensive than all of their bubble bars and bath ballistics. Plus I couldn't possibly imagine how a lump of glorified plasticine could possibly yield any positive results in the bathroom. How wrong was I?

Just like my previous experience with Blue FUN, this product creates an abundance of creamy bubbles in the bath and gives off a beautiful, sweet smelling vanilla. However, it doesn't change the colour of the water like Blue.

I like how the yummy vanilla smell lingered on my skin even after I washed it off. And this product really goes well with Vanilla Dee-Lite lotion. I can imagine it would have also complimented the Vanilla Fountain, had that still been in production.
It's basically like play dough when you first touch it and they do say to wrap it back up after every use. I found that mine started 'melting' a couple of day's after opening it, and found it more practical to cut a small piece off and keep the rest somewhere cool to maintain it's shape. I'm not sure if it's advised but I did pop mine in the fridge for half hour to firm it up and this seemed help.

All in all this is a fantastic invention from Lush as it is affordable, great value for your money and allows everyday indulgence with it's many uses. It's also great to see so few ingredients went into making a great product. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Vanilla Absolute, Perfume, Gardenia Extract.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £5.00 for 200g.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP