Recently

29 October 2013

Ne Worry Pas Bath Bomb


'Let the sweet smell of violets envelop you as you sink down into the milky white depths of a Ne Worry Pas bath. This much-loved bath bomb has a gorgeous, heady fragrance to calm the mind and ease away your cares. We use soya milk in Ne Worry Pas for the lovely way it soothes the skin and the creamy effect it has on the water, creating a haven of milky softness to ease away stress.'

Well, why not? I thought. There is something mildly alluring about a bath bomb that promises a creamy experience in the tub. Normally, I am the first to try all things fruity and citrusey, but I felt like a change, and as I was starting to get a little bit of a headache, I thought this bath bomb would compliment my mood perfectly.

To look at, Ne Worry Pas is a rather boring looking bath ballistic; it certainly wouldn't win any awards for it's appearance. I'm sure sat next to all of the other bath bombs that Lush have to offer, this one would get overlooked for the prettier, stronger-smelling products. However, I know never to judge a Lush product by it's exterior. 
The entire bomb is a light, beige colour, apart from a small, penny-sized hole on one side, which gives the customer a glimpse of the purple interior. The smell is reminiscent of Parma violets, although it does have a creamy edge brought on by the addition of soya milk in the ingredients list. The scent is surprisingly strong for such a plain-looking bath bomb.

However, the strong scent dissolved once in the water and left a gentle violet fragrance with notes of sandalwood and ylang ylang, which soothed my mind and helped to relax my body. The soya milk not only added a light, sweet fragrance to the ballistic, but helped to soften the water and soothe my skin. The geranium oil and ylang ylang not only add to the wonderful floral fragrance, but also helped to cleanse my skin and rejuvenate my pores. 

Once fully dissolved, the ballistic creates a milky, lilac coloured bath with a slight shimmer from the lustre sparkles that float on the surface. A silky foam rests on top of the water, which when rubbed on your body, leaves it kissably smooth and soft. 

Once out of the bath, my skin felt wonderfully soft and smooth with no greasiness or residue left behind from the product. The fine lustre sparkles did cling to my skin as I removed myself from the tub, but this was more of a fun bonus than a downside to the product. I know that some people dislike the fact that Lush use glitter in some of their products, but the lustre used in this Ne Worry Pas Bath Ballistic is so fine and tiny that it only adds something of a slight shimmer to your skin and can be brushed off easily during your drying off routine. 

The scent of the ballistic, which has already diminished somewhat when dissolved in the water, does linger on your skin for a short time after your bath, but it's not as long-lasting as other bath bombs. This is perhaps a product for those that dislike strong-scented products, or even those that want something light that won't interfere with their lotions and perfumes after use. 

If, like me, you want more of a 'show' in the bathroom, I would highly recommend that you use this bath bomb with a bubble bar such as The Comforter or Creamy Candy, to add more colour to the experience.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Soya Milk, Titanium Dioxide, Bergamot Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Cedarwood Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone, Violet Lustre Sparkle.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £3.95 each.
2016 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: ?


1 comment

  1. Just wanted to inform you that the glitter LUSH use in their products is now made from seaweed! :) This is why it's so adhesive. It's another LUSH decision to remain environmentally conscientious. (Whether or not that can be said for this bath bomb upon its initial release I have no idea, but it's coming back around next week in the LUSH kitchen so one can assume that this now applies!)

    ReplyDelete


UP