Recently

1 November 2013

From Dusk 'Til Dawn Massage Bar


From Dusk 'Til Dawn is a brand new massage bar that was created by Lush as part of their Valentine 2013 range. Due to popularity (I'm guessing), this bar has continued to be sold in stores and online since then, begging me to believe that this product might very well have become a member of their regular range. 

At first, I was slightly confused by Lush's choice of shape, and thought perhaps it had been designed to play homage to Madonna's famous 'wardrobe malfunction'. Although I still didn't understand why Lush was trying to associate a famous bra with Valentine's Day, I did my research and was intrigued to learn that the shape has actually been stragically designed to fit a specific purpose.

One of Lush's employees found that the pyramid shape meant you could rub the pointy end into the knotted muscles easier than you could a flat massage bar. They also found that the cone shape makes it really simple to hold and get to grips with your massage partner. Oooer!

From Dusk til Dawn has a very uplifting fragrance which isn't common with other massage bars. The perfume is uplifting, invigorating and super zesty, with Sicilian lemon and sweet wild orange oil bathing your skin with citrusey goodness. The addition of ginseng and guarana powders wakes you up and helps you to keep going all night long (If you wish to!). 

Unlike other massage bars, From Dusk 'Til Dawn is slightly easier to use as it tends to melt quicker than other bars. It's also really effective at moisturising the skin without making it greasy or oily. The zesty lemon and orange scent permeates your skin, clothes and anything else it touches, leaving a beautiful citrusey smell that I've smelt days after use.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to use it on any unsuspecting 'victims' apart from myself but I have had nothing but positive experiences with it so far. Firstly, I will say that it is definitely my favourite massage bar to date. The smell is beautiful and intoxicating, and lingers on your skin for hours after appliance. Secondly, although initially worried by the gold lustre painted on the tip of the bar, I found that very little comes off during each use, so you don't have to worry about smothering your skin with unwanted gold. Finally, despite it's size, the bar lasts a good 8+ times, meaning it's super value for money. 

I'm so glad that Lush have decided to keep it as part of their every day range, as this is going to be a regular product in my house.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Moringa Oil, Illipe Butter, Perfume, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Ginseng Root Powder, Guarana Seed Powder, Ginkgo Leaf Powder, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Radiant Gold Lustre.

Vegan?: Yes


1 comment

  1. Thanks to share this post.Ginkgo Powder is a very good product.

    ReplyDelete


UP