Recently

19 November 2013

None of Your Beeswax Lip Balm


If there's one part of my body that suffers the most, my lips would be it. You see, I have an annoying habit of biting and picking at my lips when I'm either stressed or bored. Given that my job = constant day-to-day stress and my evenings see me lazing around bored, my lips are bombarded with a constant stream of abuse. Despite trying to get myself out of the habit, I've come to accept that it's a subconscious action I find myself doing without even realising it, so I couldn't even quit if I tried. I figure it's better than smoking, so I'm not too worried about. 

My way of tackling my constant dry, cracked and sore lips is to arm myself with a good quality lip balm and just hope it counteracts some of the damage I'm doing. This is where None of Your Beeswax Lip Balm comes in.

NOYBW is a lovely honey colour, much like all of Lush's solid perfumes. The initial smell that greets you on opening the tin, is a citrusy scent with an underlying waxy smell. It's texture is more stubborn than most shop-brought varieties, and I found it took me a couple of uses to melt the balm slightly into a consistency I found easier to apply.
Those used to more commercially-available lip balms may find None of Your Beeswax a little strange to use at first. The mixture of waxes and butters that make up this product means that this balm is a little on the oily side. I wouldn't say it's a greasy lip balm, just that it has a different consistency to most other brands.  

What I love about NOYBW, is that when you apply it, your lips immediately feel smooth and moisturised. With a comprehensive ingredients list that contains the likes of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Japan Wax, Fairtrade Shea Butter, Carnauba Wax, Cupuacu Butter, Murumuru Butter and scented oils, you can definitely appreciate why this product works so effectively. 

I also found that my lips healed a lot quicker whilst using this product, sometimes overnight, and this only intensified when I used it alongside one of Lush's fantastic lip scrubs. 

I was a little mystified at first as to why the lip balm was so effective, when I found it's staying power to last no longer than ten minutes at a time. However, I realised that with such an impressive ingredients list, there was a reason it was working so well.

Firstly there is Shea Butter and Olive Oil which are known to moisturise the skin; Mandarin Oil helps to create the citrus scent as well as improving the circulation of your blood vessels, giving your lips a fuller look; fresh Lemon helps to relieve irritations as well as intensifying the zesty fragrance. These, among many others, also help your lips to penetrate the essential oils and butters, supporting quicker recovery and healing.
Quite a number of people have commented on the balm's 'grittiness' and said they found that the tin leaks quite a bit during transit. However, I haven't found either of these two aspects an issue. My balm did melt after I accidentally placed it in direct sunlight for a long time. However, the balm cooled down and reformed it's same consistency. Not once did it escape the tin. As for the former complaint, I have yet to discover this grittiness that people have spoken about. My lip balms have been nothing but smooth from beginning to end.

Overall, this is now a staple product in my beauty regime. Although a little overpriced (£5.95) for the tin size (10g), it's definitely worth it for those with neglected and damaged lips. I find a tin lasts me a good 6+ months, meaning that the price tag is easily justifiable.

Quantitative Ingredients: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Fresh Lemon Infusion, Japan Wax, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Carnauba Wax, Cupuacu Butter, Murumuru Butter, Glycerine, Mandarin Oil, Vanilla Absolute, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

2016 Price: £5.95 each.


5 comments

  1. Hi nice article I loved reading it, do check my post on hauteher tips for face you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your passion for their products really shines through in your writing, and your thorough analysis of the lip balm's ingredients and performance is much appreciated by fellow skincare enthusiasts like myself.
    tidewe discount code

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to come across honest and detailed product reviews, and you've done an excellent job at providing insights into its texture, scent, and effectiveness.
    Best T-Shirts For Men

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your dedication to your blog is evident in every post. Your hard work and passion shine through, and it's truly inspiring."
    deals of america

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Your commitment to your blog is an example for all bloggers. You've built a dedicated following through your hard work and expertise."
    applebees coupons 10 off $30

    ReplyDelete


UP