Recently

5 April 2014

Lemon Melt Shower Gel

For years, Lushies have been battling with the temptation of wanting to lick, nibble and full-on eat some of the products that Lush bring out. It didn't help when they began to sell the lip scrubs, which actually encouraged you to digest the products. So when my tubs of Lemon Melt Shower Gel arrived in the post earlier this week, I was nothing short of lifting the pot to my mouth and drinking the whole thing.

The Lush Kitchen initiative was set up to promote and produce the freshest cosmetics on the planet, and although it only started a few days ago, this shower gel is the epitome of what that stands for. Presented in what is normally used as a shower jelly tub, this product looks and smells like a cake mixture. It's a little messy in it's pot; slightly dishevelled to look at, but this just adds to that natural vibe. I love it!
There was a little confusion at first, on my part, as although it states that it's vegan on the site, the tub claimed it was only vegetarian, despite there not being any featured ingredients that suggested it contained any animal derivatives. This must be an error on Lush's part and they need to make sure they don't do this again in the future.
Firstly, I love the fact that this gel has an actual slice of fresh lemon included in the tub. This not only gives off a wonderfully strong natural citrus smell upon opening the lid, but is also rather useful if you want something to smother this shower gel onto your body with. And I can guarantee that once you've had a sniff of this product, you'll definitely be wanting to smother yourself with it as quickly as you can.

Made from a combination of Irish moss, fresh lemon juice, myrrh resinoid and lemongrass oil, Lemon Melt is an uplifting, fresh and very strong zesty product. With it's moisturising properties, the addition of moss helps to make this one of the softest shower products I have ever brought from Lush; the myrrh possesses antiseptic and astringent elements, which has a calming effect on the body - perfect for those with sensitive skin. The combination of lemon juice and lemongrass oil dominates most of the scent as well as brightening the skin and leaving it visibly renewed. 

The most interesting aspect of this product's make up is that Lush have included gratings of cocoa butter across the surface of the shower gel. When you scoop Lemon Melt out to use it in the shower, these shards will help to moisturise and soften your skin even more, leaving it feeling and looking beautiful.
To me, this shower gel smells like the gooey filling of a lemon meringue pie or a fresh pot of lemon curd; a rich, citrusy fragrance that needs to be smelled to be appreciated. When comparing it to other shower gels, it definitely stands out as being the least 'synthetic' smelling one of the lot. In no way am I saying that Lush shower gels are synthetic is anyway, just that they smell more manufactured than this one does. 

Lemon Melt is thicker than most of Lush's shower gels, and is not that far off in consistency from being a shower jelly. As well as being thick, it's also an incredibly velvety product and when you rub it between your palms, it's not that easy to lather up. Much like Black Pearl Shower Gel, this is a gel intent on conditioning and softening your skin, which is why it has a slightly more oily texture. After this has been washed away, you can really feel how smooth it makes your body feel, and this feeling persists for a long time after you've exited the shower.

Overall, this product is an incredible addition to Lush's range, and I only hope it makes another reappearance so I can buy a few more to enjoy. I've been using this first thing in the morning, and it's a perfect remedy to counteract what I call my '6am rage'. It wakes me up, stimulates my senses into life and leaves me feeling and smelling wonderful. I still get little bursts of Lemon Melt throughout the day, and this only serves to keep me in a great mood at work.

Although only the second product I have tried and tested from Lush's current 'Live Kitchen', I'm starting to feel very envious of all of those Lushies who were around when Cosmetics To Go were still in business. The quality of these products are exquisite - they look and feel natural and smell as fresh as they could possibly be. Keep these beauties coming this way Lush!  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocoa Butter, Irish Moss Decoction, Fresh Lemon Juice, Hydroxyethycellulose, Perfume, Myrrh Resinoid, Lemongrass Oil, Bergamot Oil, Fine Sea Salt, Gardenia Extract, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Lemon slice.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £8.75 for 250g.
2017 Price: £8.75 for 250g.

5 comments

  1. It looks nyummy~!, haven't manage to get one of this pot yet. Seriously, I would have try to taste it for real lol. Just wondering, since sometime the lemonny smelling type products end up to smell like bathroom products, and if it's less synthetic smelling, so is it smell like a lemon food smelling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This product definitely has a more 'foody' sort of smell - it really does smell like cake mix. I don't pick up any elements of soap or any synthetic elements here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I just managed to grab myself a pot of this off of ebay and it arrived today! To me, it's smells almost identical to T'eo Deo. When I used it on my hands first, it was like I had washed with T'eo! I guess the lemongrass grabs and sticks to my skin the strongest. Sadly, it doesn't smell foody to me at all and smells more bathroom product-y (which isn't a bad thing), but it is sooo silky and softening!

    ReplyDelete


UP