Recently

23 May 2014

Big Blue Bath Ballistic




I've been meaning to try the Big Blue Ballistic for quite some time now; partly because I really enjoyed my experience with the Mermaid bath bomb, which shared the same scent, and partly because most hardcore Lush fans rave about how amazing it is, and they tend to know what they're talking about!

Using essential oils and other natural ingredients, Lush have created a ballistic that'll help you to unwind and relax. Not only that, but the experience you'll get serves as a great reminder of what it's actually like to bathe in the ocean. For someone who used to live mere minutes away from the enticing sea, I do still get occasional yearnings to smell the fresh sea breeze and taste the salt of the air on the my tongue. Big Blue is a great way for me to satisfy these cravings. 

One of the key ingredients used here is seaweed. The type of kelp Lush use is called Arame seaweed, which softens in your hot bath water and helps you to relax. Arame is rich in vitamins and minerals including iodine, which helps to regulate the metabolism and help you to feel calm and collected. This seaweed is packed inside the bath bomb; swirling around the water and sinking to the bottom of the tub when the ballistic is dissolving.

Big Blue also offers a tang of lemon, a hint of lavender and a dash of sea salt, which all help to produce a fresh scented bathing experience. The salt helps to remove dead skin cells, while the lemon oil clears the mind and gives the ballistic a sweet, citrusy scent. In addition, the lavender oil, which works as an cleanser, smoothens out your skin and leaves a slight floral element to the bath.
To top the experience off, Big Blue turns the bath water a vivid blue, which stays this beautiful shade throughout your entire bathing experience. The added minerals help to cleanse and soften your skin leaving you feeling invigorated and renewed.

My skin felt super smooth and soft after using this; it didn't feel tight or in any way dry. The fragrance lingered on my body and lasted until the following day, which was a nice surprise. My only issue is that the fragrance of the bath bomb, whilst dissolving, was definitely weaker than I was expecting. Furthermore, I was unable to pick up it's scent all that much throughout my bathing experience, which was a shame. However, I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with the ballistic's age, as I'd had this one tucked away for almost a year before I decided to use it.

In my opinion, this bath bomb is one of the best ones available at the moment; I will definitely be buying this again in the near future. Despite, having to clean the seaweed out of the bath after you've finished, this doesn't take away from how great this bath bomb is. I highly recommend that you give this one a go, even if you're on to prefer sweeter-smelling cosmetics.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt, Fine Sea Salt, Perfume, Arame Seaweed, Lemon Oil, Lavender Oil, Seaweed Absolute, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2014 Price: £3.35 each.
2015 Price: £3.35 each.

Scent Family:
Big Blue Ballistic
Big Blue Body Conditioner
Big Blue Egg Bath Bomb
Bubbling Under Bubble Bar
Enchanted Island Bath Melt
Flotsam Soap
Mermaid Ballistic



7 comments

  1. I definitely recommend you try a fresh one too, when bought in-store they are a deep bright blue with a white centre, this one looks paler :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I couldn't agree more. I did actually order myself one of these and an avobath last week. I'll update this review (with new pictures!) once I've used it :)

      Delete
  2. I find the seaweed in this a nightmare to deal with. Although it is one of my favourite ballistics! I found that cutting the sock part off a pair of old tights, then placing the bomb inside, tying a knot at the top, then let it loose in your bath, no seaweed to block your plughole and no more seaweed infested bath puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sort of bath cocktail, I was told in my local lush to use sunny side and big blue together. And omg it's so lovely together-you should definitely try it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bath bomb really disappointed me :( Literally no scent to it, even though in the store I could smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should really try a freash one ASAP. I bought one, had it lying 'naked'in my bedroom for a couple of days, and the entire room was filled with the scent. Used only half in the bath and the scent lingered on my skin and in the bathroom for hours after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, horrible! Another time I would take the useful tip of enclosing it in a sock to catch the nasty slimy bits of seaweed, which felt creepy and repulsive in the bath. But I shan't buy this again because it smelt like some sort of cleaning product. Not very nice at all.

    ReplyDelete


UP