Recently

14 May 2014

Big Liquid Perfume


When Lush brought out Big as part of the 2012 Forum Special Perfumes, I had never tried the shampoo of the same name before. Therefore, it wasn't one I immediately jumped on to buy, and I ended up opting not to get any at all. Fast forward a matter of months, and I decided to purchase a tub of the popular Big shampoo to use on my hair. As well as loving how my hair responded to the product, I instantly fell in love with it's scent.     

Big Perfume is a fresh, tropical scented perfume; a beautiful cocktail of mandarin oil, neroli oil, orange blossom and vanilla absolute. These fruity, juicy citrus scents have been intertwined with the savoury addition of sea salt, making this a very unique fragrance indeed. It smells identical to that of it's older brother, which I am very grateful for.

Unlike most of Lush's floral perfumes, this one doesn't mature as you're wearing it, and it's a little difficult to pick out individual scents once you've sprayed it on yourself. However, the Big scent is a really strong-blended perfume so you can forgive it for being rather one-dimensional. What I loved about this perfume, is that the scent stays with you longer than every other perfume I've ever tried; I found that I could still find traces on my clothing some eight days after I had originally sprayed it. 

This is the perfect perfume to wear to the beach; it compliments the smell of the ocean and the heat, and epitomises what I love about the summer. It's a heady, uplifting and refreshing fragrance that I hope Lush bring back in one of their next limited perfume runs. Until that happens, I'll have to savour my one remaining decant.   

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus reticulata), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara), *Citral, *Coumarin, *Farnesol, *Linalool, *Limonene, Methyl Ionone, Geraniol.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
Big Perfume
Big Shampoo
Seaweed Giant Bombshell

3 comments

  1. omg i want this so bad how can i get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only released for one year and hasn't been seen since. We just have to hope that they choose to bring it out for the perfume release in December!

      Delete


UP