Recently

22 May 2014

Irresistible Bliss Solid Shampoo



A part of me doesn't really see any logic behind Lush releasing haircare products in limited runs. Irresistible Bliss was one such shampoo that popped it's head up for a few short weeks last year, before being discontinued for the foreseeable future. I can see the benefits of Lush bringing out these retro shampoos for those of us who are intrigued to try out new products. For me writing this blog, it's an excellent opportunity to test and review the bar, so that readers know what to expect if it makes a reappearance down the line. 

However, most people tend to have their 'favourites' that they use on a regular basis, and unlike a new shower gel or bath product, a lot of consumers are not interested in jumping from one shampoo to the next. Furthermore, it's annoying for those of us who fall in love with a retro product (Gentil Lentil shampoo) and either have to stock up before it disappears, which means a lot of the product won't be fresh when you get around to using it, or only using it for the few months that Lush permit us to. 

Unfortunately, when it came to the Irresistible Bliss Solid Shampoo, I hadn't gotten around to using it when Lush decided to remove it from their site. Now that I have tried it out, I wish I had purchased another couple of bars to keep me going. 
This shampoo bar is described as being a 'dynamic pink shampoo bar for normal hair'. I normally shy away from shampoos that have such a broad spectrum of possible users as my hair can be rather dry and often needs hair care designed to eradicate this. However, I had heard a lot of positive reviews about this shampoo, so wanted to give it a go.

For those who are not familiar with Lush's solid shampoo bars, they are different coloured/scented shampoos that have been compacted into 50g rounded chunks. You use them in the same way as you would soap, either rubbing it over your wet hair to create a lather, or massaging it between your palms and applying the lather to your hair. Either way, they work just like a normal shampoo would. 

In addition, these shampoo bars are much better value than their liquid counterparts; firstly, you can get near-enough 80 uses out of a single bar, which works out at just over 7 pence a time. Secondly, the bars don't need to be stored or presented in any packaging so they're environmentally great. Finally, Lush don't have to include any nasty synthetic ingredients to keep them at liquid consistency when at room temperature, making them more natural.  

Irresistible Bliss is a light red in colour and has a pleasant and subtle floral fragrance made up of neroli and jasmine. However, I found that, when in use, this shampoo bar doesn't smell of much at all, which is fine by me because my conditioner normally overpowers any shampoo I use anyway. 

The shampoo bar cleans my hair and leaves it feeling really refreshed and healthy. It keeps it soft, and I found that my hair doesn't develop so many split ends when using this product. After using this for a couple of weeks, I noticed a vast improvement in the quality and condition of my hair.

For the first time in many years, my hair possessed a natural, healthy shine that went hand-in-hand with how my hair felt to touch. It was incredibly moisturising and conditioned my hair to the point that I don't remember last seeing since before I began dyeing my hair at 16. 

Without a doubt, this is my favourite shampoo of all time (Lush and non-Lush included), and I only wish that Lush chose to bring it out again soon - I would definitely buy a high number of these to last me for the foreseeable future. Luckily, I have managed to acquire two of these bars to last me until the end of the year, and I figure this is enough time for Lush to notice my plight and bring it out again (if only for myself). 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Perfume, Neroli Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Lilial, Linalool, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £6.25 each.
2017 Price: £6.25 each.


2 comments

  1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad this blog is helpful and if you'd say thank you to the person who led you hear as well, that would be much appreciated! Enjoy your stay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are coming back in the lush kitchen this week!

    ReplyDelete


UP