Recently

28 July 2014

Go Green Solid Perfume


I haven't had much experience with solid perfumes - partly because they've never really appealed to me next to their liquid counterparts, but also because the ones I have tried have often been way past their best before and haven't given me the greatest of experiences. However, when I found out that Lush would be releasing this particular solid perfume through the Kitchen, I knew I had to make an exception. 

Go Green was first brought out in 2007, as both a solid perfume and a liquid body spray. Inspired by environmental activist, Rebecca Lush, this perfume plays homage to her keenness for green transportation and recycling. It's for those that need a pick me up whilst cycling too and from work in the busy traffic and commuters that need to freshen up in the sweltering heat of the city. Those of us who have perhaps become accustomed to the hustle and bustle of city life, it's a nice little reminder that there are such things as trees and fields and forests outside of our tower buildings and Starbucks cafes.  

Looking at the ingredients list, it's hard to imagine what this perfume might smell like before you've experienced it for yourself. Some people claim that it shares it's scent with Grass Shower Gel, whilst others name drop x, y and z Lush products that supposedly possess similar aromas.                                                                                     As it happens, this perfume doesn't smell like any other Lush product I have come across. It's definitely a very 'green' smell, that much is true. However, it doesn't smell anything like the aforementioned shower gel, it's far more complex than that. It's grassy, it's herby, it's citrusy and it's damn-well delicious. 

Strangely, in the tub, this perfume seems to partition itself into two completely different smells that both stand out from each other. On the one hand, I can detect that grapefruit, vetivert, neroli and bergamot combination that gives this perfume a naturally, grassy sweetness. This keeps the fragrance quite light and uplifting and I can see why this layer of scent might attract those Grass comparisons. 

Yet on the other hand, there is also a deeper, more sensual herbal note - one that is concocted from the tarragon, oakmoss, fennel and cedar oil. This is dominated by the former ingredient and gives the perfume an almost woody, foresty element. 

Together, Go Green gives off a very natural but quite complex fragrance - one that sides slightly more on the masculine side but could just as easily be worn by females. On the skin, these two different threads of smells come together and offer the wearer a heady, long-lasting fragrance.  

What stood out for me here, is that the solid perfume left a really strong impression on my skin and whereas I would normally have to press my nose against my wrist to detect the fragrance after a few minutes, this one was strong for a good 3-4 hours. The heat of my body also encouraged the perfume to give off little bursts of green every little while and this just made me love the perfume even more.

Go Green is definitely my favourite green smell from Lush and I really hope they bring back the liquid perfume and bath bomb for me to enjoy, as I am keen to extend my experience of this fragrance. This experience has also made me appreciate the solid perfume format and I am keen to try out more variations in the near future. 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, Vetivert Oil, Bergamot Oil, Tarragon Oil, Thyme Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Oakmoss Absolute, Neroli Oil, Indian Sandalwood Oil, Cedar Leaf Oil, Fennel Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Famesol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £9 for 12g. 

2017 Price: £9 for 12g. 

Scent Family:
Go Green Liquid Body Spray
Go Green Solid Perfume
Green Green Bath Of Foam Bubble Bar
Squeaky Green Solid Shampoo



7 comments

  1. I just received this from the Kitchen, and I think it smells a little like Handy Gurugu :) With more citrus and sandalwood I think..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Go-Green and cannot find it any more in Canada. Is it available ANYWHERE? I've died a slow death without it! I love it for it's split-cedar, fresh grass, wet earth...PERFECT fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you yesterday when I saw a pot of Go Green on the Lush Kitchen shelf! Go Green is unfortunately discontinued at the moment, but the Lush Kitchen have brought it out a couple of times in the past. It's always worth messaging them because they really do take on board what the customers say :)

      Delete
    2. I have just bought some of the solid perfume. It's just been made available on Lush Kitchen Japan and there's a lovely Japanese seller that I've had dealings with before selling it as a pre-order item on eBay. If you need the link get back to me on my Twitter account @s1mon87 ��

      Delete
    3. Hi other Anonymous, Go Green solid perfume is out today in Lush Kitchen online.

      Delete
  3. I really wish they'd bring this back! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, it's in the kitchen today.

      Delete


UP