Recently

23 December 2014

Jungle FUN Bar

As I stated in my review of the conditioner, Jungle is one of those scents that I immediately fell in love with on first sniff. There is something rather wonderful and unique about the collaboration of ingredients that make up this beautiful fragrance - it's just a shame that my hair didn't get on with the solid conditioner otherwise it would have become a staple in my house. 

After indulging myself in the newly-released Jungle Perfume and lathering myself up with the Tropical Jungle Body Lotion, the only thing missing from my collection was something to enjoy in the shower; Jungle FUN Bar was a much appreciated release from Lush to rectify this problem. 

Sporting a pastel green colour, you don't even need to remove the wrapper before the wonderful tangy aroma reaches your senses. And with the unique but equally refreshing combination of cedarwood, vetivert, cypress and ylang ylang oils, this is a product that smells exactly as it looks.

The inclusion of the cypress oil gives Jungle FUN Bar it's warm evergreen fragrance while the cedarwood compliments this with its own unique aromatic wood smell. Together, these two ingredients are quite pungent but not so much that the aroma is unpleasant. The ylang ylang then offers a sweet but rather tart note that compliments the other ingredients perfectly. Together, they give off rather a slightly bitter, green aroma - like the pith of an orange combined with fresh grass and a little damp wood. It's like no other fragrance I have come across before - it's truly wonderful. 

Much like with each of the limited edition FUN bars that have come out with this one, Jungle is really easy to use and very generous in the bath and shower. You only need to break off a piece the size of a small grape and this will produce enough suds to last you the entire shower. Simply massage the piece between your palms, allowing a little water to get involved, and the FUN bar produces a mass of silky-soft foam to clean yourself with. 

This bar produces a pale green-coloured lather - exactly like the colour it's presented in, and smells really strong throughout the entire experience. I was really impressed to find that I could still detect the scent on my skin over an hour after I had towelled myself down. 
I have also tried this in the bath - using it in the same way I would a bubble bar - holding it under a running tap to create a surplus amount of bubbles and a beautifully fragrant bath to enjoy. Again, this bar worked really well in this way and I really enjoyed being able to bathe in the fragrance. I cut a slice that probably equated to a sixth of the bar and this gave me more than enough bubbles, so this works out cheaper than a regular bubble bar.

For those who love this smell, you can also use this in replacement of your regular shampoo, and coupled with the conditioner, will leave your locks smelling wonderful. While I haven't tried this in my hair, I've heard from many people that FUN works well in this way, and I cannot see why this one would be any different. 

To conclude; I really loved this FUN bar and I think Lush would do well bringing it back into the Kitchen at some point in the future. Coupled with Tropical Jungle Body Lotion, it left my skin feeling beautifully soft and fragrant, and I received many compliments about the unique aroma that followed me around that day. I would definitely buy a few more of these if I got a chance. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour (Zea mays), Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Cedarwood Oil (Juniperus virginiana), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Titanium Dioxide, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: Not Available for retail. 

Scent Family:
Jungle FUN Bar (2014)
Jungle Solid Conditioner
Jungle Liquid Perfume
Jungle Shower Jelly
Jungle Soap
Jungle Solid Perfume
Jungle/Tropical Jungle Body Lotion

Mr Dandy's Hair Candy Dressing 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP