Recently

3 February 2015

Charisma Skin Tint

I braved it once and survived so I wasn't too worried about trying out another product that had the potential to turn me into a human mudpie. Black Stockings Solid Body Tint was my first experience with all things 'bronzer' and my experience was very positive, so I was interested to see what this liquid tint could do for me.

In the tub, Charisma is probably the very opposite of it's name - a semi-thick golden brown liquid that doesn't have any redeeming character features that I can immediately pick out. It doesn't really have a particular scent either, just your typical generic make-up smell. 

Made from a combination of essential oils, butter and oats, this is a tint that not only gives your skin a natural glow, but one intent on keeping your skin soft and well-moisturised. Lush have included the oats as they are very gentle and soothing, making this great for those who have sensitive skin. They have also included various pigments, which are most likely the list of strange C-numbers you see in the ingredients list, that help reflect light and reinforce the natural glow of the tint. 
What is great about this tint is that you can use it in one of two ways. Firstly, it works as a great contour. Simply dip your finger lightly on the surface of Charisma and then massage the liquid where you would normally apply your usual make-up. It spreads really easily and settles very quickly on the skin, leaving a gentle but defined glow that gives your complexion immediate colour.

Secondly, you can use this alongside a moisturiser or one of Lush's colour supplements to add a little colour to your whole face. I took a blueberry-sized amount of Light Pink Colour Supplement and about half as much Charisma and mixed them on a flat surface. Then using my make-up sponge, I applied it as I would normally my foundation. I found that it gave me an all-round soft, smooth complexion with just a hint of colour. I then layered this with a little Charisma to give me my contour lines and I was set. 

Both methods worked wonders and I was really happy to see a little extra colour on my face without it looking unnatural. The only negative aspect about this product is that it does feel a little heavy on the skin. While it's not anywhere as bad as some of the foundations I've used in my time, I can definitely feel it's presence on my face, which may put people off. 

This is not a product that immediately jumps off the shelf at me, but one that I am glad I invested in. This has now become a staple in my house and one I will definitely buy in the future. Priced at £12 for a 20g, this may be an expensive investment to begin with but you'll soon realise that this is a long-lasting and very effective make-up. I highly recommend it. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Oatmeal Decoction, Orange Flower Water, Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI77019, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £12 for 20g. 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP