Recently

3 March 2015

Hoppity Poppity Bath Ballistic



I really didn't know what to expect when I first picked up a couple of Hoppity Poppity Bath Ballistics in the Regent Street Lush store at the weekend. Given their cute demeanour and pink and white design, I was expecting a sweet, creamy smell - not that far off Butterball to be honest. However, it seems that appearances can be deceiving! 

What greeted me instead was a very heady floral aroma - one that completely overwhelmed everything else in my Lush bag and even made an impression on a few local commuters, who stopped to ask me where the smell was coming from and what it was. For such a small bath bomb, it sure showcases a very strong fragrance.  

This Easter special is made from a combination of violet leaf and lavender absolute - two ingredients that work together perfectly to create a stunning fresh and rather herbal scent - one that I would say isn't for the faint hearted at all. Annoyingly, I recognise the scent of this as being very similar to another of Lush's products; I just can't seem to put my finger on which one it is. 
What I love about this bath bomb is that both of the key ingredients compliment each other perfectly - with neither overwhelming the other. This means that while you can detect both of the smells, there is not one that dominates over the other. While they don't smell alike, fans of Secret Garden would probably appreciate the strength of this scent. 

As soon as Hoppity Poppity hit the water, it immediately got to work - fizzing and oozing out beautiful trails of white that dissipated across the water really quickly. Within seconds, a second trail of pink made itself known and the added popping candy sunk to the bottom of the bath, where it began to crackle and pop under the water. 

As the ballistic is rather light and smaller than your average bath bomb, it wasn't more than a few seconds before the product had all but disappeared. If you're looking for a 'show' in the bathroom, this product is definitely not for you. However, what it lacks in presentation it all but makes up for in different ways. This seasonal product offers a very moisturising and rather relaxing bath - one that gives off a very strong aroma to cocoon yourself within after a long day at work. 

I really appreciate the fact that this bath bomb is nothing like I was expecting it to be and stands apart from all of the sweet/fruity products that have come out as part of the Easter range. I also love the fact that Hoppity Poppity showcases a completely different violet scent - one that is not like Bathos or Ultraviolet or Tuca Tuca or any of the usual wonderful but very predictable violet-dominated scents. 

While it's far from being my favourite ballistic, I did really enjoy using these and I can see them working really well in cocktails. I will definitely be buying a few more to use over the coming weeks, and at £2.50 a pop, they're definitely good value for money. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Popping Candy, Violet Leaf Absolute, Lavender Absolute, Perfume, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Frosty Holly Lustre. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £2.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.



9 comments

  1. I just picked this one up on a whim when placing an order for some of my regular products :) Sounds like it will be a good one, any ideas of what would work well as a bubble bar with it? Or maybe violet nights? I can't seem to pair that one with anything, it tends to dominate whatever I use with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Violet Nights is too sweet for this - I can imagine it clashing with the herbal element of the ballistic. I can imagine it working well with something more subtle and creamy such as Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar or Dream Bath Melt - something that works with the Lavendar element instead. Let me know what you choose and if it works - I'd love to know what to pair with it and perhaps something like Violet Nights might surprise me!

      Delete
    2. Will do! I plan on using that little cutie once it gets here, I have a feeling that I might actually stock up on these.

      Delete
  2. It smells like kerbside violet to my nose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog!
    Http://lushobsessed.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!
    Http://lushobsessed.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really nice and it looks cute too. :) Can't say no for £2.50! I like when Lush bring out products under £3.00. :)

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't put my finger on what this smells like either! Someone said that it smells like ultra violet bubble bar but I'm not sure it does. Love the design of this one but was a little disappointed at how quickly it fizzed out.

    Have you ever considered/do you have a bloglovin' account by the way?

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smelled violet when I dropped it in and saw slight sheen of oils on the surface of the water too, but smell seemed to disappear after a few minutes. Maybe it's just my nose that gets used to the smells very quickly, but I guess it would be much more fun to use with some bubble bar.

    ReplyDelete


UP