Recently

15 March 2015

Vit E Toner Tab



While I was really happy that Lush brought out a range of these toner tabs in the Kitchen, a small part of me worried about how long it would take to get through them all. Despite their amazing properties, they're one of those products that I tend to forget I have, and I've been known to find stashes of them that surpass the two year mark in age. 

However, the combination of cold weather and overworking has recently made my complexion lose some of it's vibrancy and bounce, and I couldn't think of a better way to replenish my face than with a few sessions 'under the towel' with some of Lush's most underrated products. 

Vit E Toner Tab is pretty self-explanatory when it comes to what it aims to achieve. Vitamin E is key for strong immunity and healthy skin and eyes. In recent years, it has become a popular antioxidant - being used in cosmetics to help protect cells from damage and renew skin back to its original healthy self. While this tab won't be able to achieve all of that in a single use, it does offer some immediate and short-term benefits that are very noticeable. 

Rich in geranium and lavender oils, both of these ingredients give this product a wonderfully subtle floral aroma - perking up your complexion with their skin-softening properties and bringing some colour back into your cheeks. Neroli oil has also been added to enhance and uplift your mood - offering a gentle, sweet note alongside the other components as well. Together, these three elements make this one of Lush's most beautiful-smelling toner tabs and definitely one I would purchase again. 

To use one of these toner tabs is very simple. Simply fill a medium-sized bowl with hot water, submerge your face and the bowl beneath a towel or sheet and drop the toner tab into the water. Lush state that once the tab has fully dissolved, you should remove the towel and pat your face dry. However, to get a full detox, I would recommend that you stay underneath the towel for a good five minutes. What is useful, is that the leftover water can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days after it's been used - using this to spritz your face if your skin needs that bit of extra refreshment throughout the week.

Priced at £1.25, this toner tab is a great little invention. After five minutes under the towel, my face felt really refreshed and noticeably smoother almost immediately - the outcome was on par with what my complexion would normally feel like after I'd used my regular facial moisturiser and allowed it to absorb into the skin. 

My skin felt really clean and more vibrant after using Vit E, and while I wouldn't say it has the strength to replace your usual facial routine, it's definitely something that could be used every couple of weeks to clear out your pores and give your complexion a new lease of life. I think these beautifies would be very useful in the summer months; when your skin may be a little parched or damaged from the sun's rays and you're looking for a five minute fix to give it back its vibrancy. 


While I appreciate Lush bringing these out for me to try, I only wish that they were made regular items alongside Tea Tree and Dream Steam - variety would be the key here so that fans of the toner tab could alternate what they use each week and keep their complexions in tip-top condition. Having said that, I do have rather a large handful of tabs from my recent haul, so I won't be running out any time soon. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Vitamin E Oil, Lavender Oil, Neroli Oil, Geranium Oil, Water (Aqua), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £1.25 each.
2016 Price: £1.50 each.

Year Or Original Release: 2008.






No comments

Post a Comment


UP