Recently

10 April 2015

Christmas Morning Bubble Bar


I get the feeling that Lush are a little hesitant to make 'fiddly' products nowadays, and I think they often play it safe when it comes to ballistics and bubbles bars. Looking back through their catalogue, there were far more interesting products a few years back, and while I recognise that perhaps the consumer has influenced this decision, it would be nice to see an occasional quirky product thrown into the mix.

Christmas Morning Bubble Bar was released as a Christmas special in 2008 and has never been seen again - which is a shame as it smells absolutely delicious and is nowhere near as messy as you'd initially think.  

As the name suggests, this product has been designed to represent Christmas morning. Packed full of multi-coloured paper streamers, Lush was influenced by the mound of used wrapping paper that most households find themselves buried under, after everyone has unwrapped their gifts. 
Sharing it's scent with the Snow Showers family, this product boasts an array of ingredients to give it that signature citrus aroma. Packed full of tangerine, neroli and sandalwood oils, this bubble bar has a luxurious and sophisticated fruity scent. It reminds me of fresh oranges and tangerines with a gentle sherbety sweetness and a playful note of lime. It's a gentle citrus smell but one with a lot of depth, and as I said in my review of Celebrate Body Lotion; 'It's a fresh, youthful fragrance but one that bares a maturity that'll appeal to people of all ages.' 

Sporting an almost fluorescent pink colour, this bubble bar does wonders in the bath tub, turning it a vibrant shade of pink that remains prominent throughout your entire experience. Christmas Morning is a very soft, easy to crumble bubble bar but just be wary that it will stain your hands pink while you're doing so. However, once you've rinsed your hands, the colour doesn't remain so you don't have to worry about leaving the tub looking like Pink Panther. 

Although there is a surplus amount of paper confetti across the top of the bar, this only serves as an outside decoration as there is nothing inside. Once my bath was ready, I noticed that there were a lot less paper streamers than I thought there would be, and most of these had sunk to the bottom of the tub, so they won't cling to your hair or body.

The smell of this product is absolutely wonderful when in the water and my entire bathroom was engulfed with the beautiful aroma of fresh tangerines and lime. The bubbles that Christmas Morning created were richly silky and soft so I left the bath feeling well pampered and highly moisturised. As a bonus, the bubbles remained present throughout the entire bathing experience and I used these to help clean my body instead of relying on shower gel.

My skin felt soft after using this, and the scent did linger on my skin, albeit rather subtly. I was able to top up it's scent with my Celebrate Lotion and Snow Showers Perfume and it made for a highly refreshing and invigorating experience. 

To be honest, I really thought that I was going to hate this product, based upon some of the bad experiences I have had with bath products that contain 'excess' stuff. However, this is one that works well and won't effect your bathing experience very much. In hindsight, the paper streamers were slightly pointless and only served as a decoration but they definitely didn't take away from the bubble bar. 
I actually really loved Christmas Morning, and while it doesn't have that much of a Christmassy feel about it, it does make for an entertaining bath. It smells absolutely beautiful, is very uplifting and leaves the skin lovely and soft. I would very much like to see this product make a comeback. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric Acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Paper Confetti, Perfume, Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Cocamide DEA, Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Water (Aqua), *Coumarin, *Geranoil, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 14700, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

Year Of Original Release: 2008.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner



1 comment

  1. Aw man I wanna pair it with supernova

    ReplyDelete


UP