Recently

3 June 2015

Purple FUN


For a few days after my initial trip to the Oxford Street store, I tried to convince myself that perhaps I hadn't actually purchased THAT much. While reactions from both my online following and my friends suggested the very opposite, not to mention the many tears that both of my credit cards expressed that very day, I still didn't quite believe that my over-filled bags of goodies were all that much. 


When I still hadn't even broached the surface of these products some three weeks later, I began to accept the fact that perhaps I had gone a little overboard with my expenditure that day and that maybe I could have overlooked quite a number of the products until I had the room and the time to explore fully. 

Purple FUN was one of the unfortunate items that got 'lost' for a while at the bottom of my bag - a product that I had no idea what fragrance it possessed. While online sources were citing a variety of contradictory descriptions (stating that it shared its scent with The Comforter, Twilight and Respect Your Elders Soap), I really didn't know what to expect when I initially opened up it's wrapper and gave it a sniff for the first time. 

While nothing on the packaging hinted at what this bar would smell like, it did state not to 'let bath times go pear-shaped' and that using this 'fruity' bar was like child's play. Coupled with the inclusion of orange oil in the ingredients list, this all hinted at something that I thought would smell like a fruity salad. As it happened, I was wrong.      
Instead, what you get is a FUN bar that smells very similar to The Comforter Shower Gel but with added berry elements to give it its own unique scent. I've compared it to the aforementioned product because there is definitely a strong element of blackcurrant which reminds me of blackcurrant and apple squash. Yet there is also a hint blackberry that gives this a similar aroma to that of Space Girl Bath Ballistic

Much like with most of the limited edition FUN bars that have come out with this one, Purple is really easy to use and very generous in the bath and shower. You only need to break off a piece the size of a small grape and this will produce enough suds to last you the entire shower. Simply massage the piece between your palms, allowing a little water to get involved, and the FUN bar produces a mass of silky-soft foam to clean yourself with. 
You can also use this in place of a bubble bar or as an alternative to shampoo. For the former, simply crumble under the running tap or place in a sieve and let the water stimulate the bubbles; for the latter, use as you would on your body but massage through your locks instead. 

This bar produces a deep purple-coloured foam - exactly like the colour it's presented in, and smells really strong throughout the entire experience - expanding its aroma more when it's in contact with the hot water. I was really impressed to find that I could still detect the scent on my skin over an hour after I had towelled myself down and it remained just as prominent in the bathroom as well. 
Overall, I really enjoyed using this FUN bar and will try to make it last as long as possible. While it won't replace my love of Lush's shower gels or jellies, it is one I will buy regularly and one that I hope they continue to offer for fans of the sweeter, more fruitier fragrances.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour (Zea mays), Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Brazilian Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Limonene, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £5 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

8 comments

  1. Hi, I knew that in a fee days the Big Bang bubble bar will be available in oxford kitchen. what do you think about it? How does it smells like?
    Buy or no? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I would love this! I'm visiting the Oxford store next month! YAY!

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've got your list sorted...and a million pounds to buy it all ;)

      Delete
  3. So does this smell even slightly of pear? Or just mainly Comforter scent? x

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the scent that it was supposed to be was pear.

      Delete
  4. Hiya do you think I should get two small bath melts eg Sun and Lime Pastille or Purple Fun? I can't decide!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple FUN! It's much better value for money and much more versatile so you could have multiple baths as well as showers with this product!

      Delete
  5. I was so stoked to get this order in! I love the Fun products, they are so forgiving to my alligator skin and make my hair soft and shiny. Not to mention, I also get to exasperate my bf in the shower when I make creatures out of them and act them out on him complete with growly animal noises...

    But the smell of Purple was just blah! It did have the whole sweetish, grapefruity scent that Space Girl has, but there was also something minty and antiseptic going on....with just the tiniest hint of cat pee.

    I really wish Lush would work out that kink, because I know it's not just me that smells it (I've shoved it under many a nose with demented-sounding demands). I kept sniffing it over a few days, and let it air out (because sometimes the oils Lush uses does strange things with the plastic wrapping) and I like all of the scents individually (sans the cat pee), but alas, still blah.

    This is only the second scent Lush has released that ickes me out, so still a really good record for them. Still a bit bummed though. I had high hopes for it. Oh well, will make a good gift. Maybe for an aunt that I don't care much for.... ;)

    ReplyDelete


UP