Recently

24 December 2015

Lush Cocktail: Glitzy FUN With Santa


Rachel's 'Glitzy FUN With Santa' Cocktail

Contains:

1 Ball Of Gold FUN

Video:


Verdict:

No matter what time of the year it is, I always crave the fruity, citrusy scents. It can be the middle of a hot summers day, or indeed the end of a dark, bitterly cold winter's day, and I'll still find sanctuary in the bright, zesty fragrances that Lush have to offer.

After playing ignorant to the incoming cold weather, I finally relented to the fact that it was getting rather miserable inside my flat, and I turned my heating on for the first time. Of course, to dampen the sting and comfort my soul, I had to follow this up with a bath to soften the blow. 

As it's December, it seemed a good time if any to try out Glitzy FUN With Santa - a cocktail that has been on my periphery for a while now. Featuring a stunning array of products, this fruity collaboration was exactly what I needed to chase away those aching muscles and hide under a blanket of warmth. 

To begin with, I held and crumbled the Gold FUN under the running tap. While I wouldn't choose to use this product by itself in the bath, when coupled with other softening products, it can be a great way of inducing an extra layer of fragrance into your bath. 

In this case, the water immediately began to swell and form a sea of bubbles and the beautiful, sweet fragrance engulfed my senses. For those unfamiliar with this product, Gold FUN shares its scent with the Honey I Washed The Kids fragrance range, and offers users a sweet, fruity, honeyed fragrance that'll melt even the coldest of hearts.

While it didn't leave the water a very desirable colour, it did sow the seeds for what was to come, and I could still detect hints of this fragrance after I had exited the bath. 

Up next was the lashings of Snow Fairy Shower Gel. This product rarely comes out in my house, despite my appreciation of the smell, so it was a real treat for me in this cocktail. When coupled with the FUN, the raspberry element came out in full force and the smell that was emitted from the bath was beautiful.

Starlight Star Bright Bath Melt was next on the list. Although I chose to use a whole one because the recipe called for it, I would suggest that you halve this - firstly because its a rare product that you can't afford to waste, and secondly because its strong enough that it can hold itself when split into smaller pieces.

This product immediately softened the water and you could see streaks of butters and oils on the surface. The silver glitter that coats the melt pulsated under the water - giving the water a magical glimmer without leaving an impression on the skin. The strong, lemony aroma intertwined with the ingredients and really elevated the fruitiness of the whole tub. 

Finally, I added in a Dashing Santa Bath Ballistic. This bomb is quite small compared with regular-sized ones, but it packs a punch - offering a orange and tangerine aroma that needs to be used in other Lush products - it's delicious! The product turns the water into a shade of peach and works so well with the other ingredients, especially the Gold FUN

In all honesty, when I was submerged under the water, I couldn't get over how gorgeous this cocktail was. If you like fruity scents, such as myself, this will be an incredible experience that you just have to try. All four products merge together to form a strong, spritzy and very full-bodied scented cocktail - one that'll cheer you up, no matter what you're thinking at the time. 

Although the colour of the water was a little bit dull, given how uplifting and refreshing the aroma of this cocktail was, I was left feeling like I had a spring in my step. Glitzy FUN With Santa ticks all of the boxes when it comes to cocktails, and I will be stocking up on all four products to experience this again and again. 

Rating: 9.2 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.













No comments

Post a Comment


UP