Recently

2 December 2015

Popcorn Lip Scrub

Having worked hard to 'witter down' and 'use up' every product in my collection, it is with slight sadness that I find myself down to the last lip scrub in my possession. I'm sad not because it's my last, but because from the moment I opened the tub, I realised how much of a good thing I had been missing out on.

Popcorn Lip Scrub started out as a limited edition product - last making an appearance during the Christmas 2012 seasonal range before being made a permanent feature - no doubt due to it's popularity. Sporting a pale yellow colour, this lip scrub doesn't look as vibrant as Bubblegum, nor as succulent as Sweet Lips. Yet it is easily the undisputed king of the lip scrubs. 

As a person who suffers from extremely dried, cracked and sore lips, these products are perfect to slip into my bag and top up that wonderful soft feeling throughout the day. Until I tried Bubblegum for the first time, I always assumed that these products were a bit of a gimmick, but I can confidently say that they actually work, and damn well at that. 
This particular scrub mixes jojoba oil, castor sugar, sea salt, polenta and coconut oil to produce a product that smells exactly like the deliciously inviting aroma you get when smelling freshly made popcorn at the cinema. It's beautifully sweet and buttery, with just a hint of the sea salt. Although I'm much more of a savoury popcorn fan, I love how Lush have combined sweet and savoury element perfectly here so it's the best of both worlds.  

To use, I simply scoop out a tiny amount with my finger and then rub the scrub all over my lips in a circular motion. Then the best part; I use my tongue to lick off the excess sugar from my lips before applying my favourite lip gloss or balm. Although it's not as sweet-tasting as it smells, the flavour of Popcorn is very reminiscent of the food it's trying to emulate so try not to consume too much! 

It leaves your skin feeling instantly soft and kissable - my lips felt more toned and resilient and the scrub removed all of the pesky dry skin that decorated my lower lip. It's a perfect accompaniment in the winter months when your usual lip balm just doesn't cut it on it's own. After using this, I used my favourite lip balm, Eggsnog and within two days my lips were back to normal and ready to face the world again.
I've recently finished my tub of this and I'm really glad that Lush have chosen to make it a permanent product, as I have been able to buy myself another pot to see me through until the end of the year. Whether or not you like the popular snack, I can assure you that this lip scrub will be a firm favourite. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Castor Sugar, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Sea Salt, Polenta, Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Popping Candy, Flavour.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £5.50 for 25g.

4 comments

  1. I've a been curious of how the popcorn one tasted, thanks for giving a review. Might actually try it now :) love my Santa's lip scrub

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've a been curious of how the popcorn one tasted, thanks for giving a review. Might actually try it now :) love my Santa's lip scrub

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally couldn't stand the taste of this one. The sugar the salt just did not work out for me at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just brought this lip scrub, so excited to try it out! 😊😊
    Indulgentrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


UP