Recently

22 November 2016

Moon On A Stick Bath Bomb





When I consider my journey with Lush so far, I can't quite believe how much has changed, in regards to both my own preferences, and the company. A mere four years ago, there wasn't the vibrant, ever-expanding social platform that we have today, nor the level of communication and finesse that seems to have been harvested ever since the Lush Kitchen opened their doors and invited the world in.

Looking at my own personal transition, I almost cringe when I consider how limited my close-minded self was back in the beginning. Many scents that I love and cherish today wouldn't have even had a second look-in back then, which is why I am constantly reevaluating and updating my reviews to ensure that they reflect my current opinions. An example of this change is evident with this latest release from the Lush Kitchen.

Moon On A Stick Bath Bomb is perhaps the most literal name for a product, as it is indeed a moon-shaped bath bomb on a stick. Yet there is a double meaning behind the choice of title. Inspired by a mid 90s phrase coined by Stew Lee & Richard Herring, it basically means 'to want everything', including things that you can't have no matter what. In all honesty, it's an aptly named bath bomb for a community driven by their lust for products unavailable, and this is the very inspiration behind the creation.

Sharing the same fragrance as the Lily Savon/Ghost range, which includes a soap, perfume, shower gel and jelly amongst other products, this limited edition bath bomb hasn't seen the light of day since its initial appearance back in 2011. Sporting one of Lush's most popular floral aromas, this ballistic features an array of ingredients to give this bomb a light but equally very potent floral aroma. 

To my nose, the predominant smell reminds me very much of freshly-dried, white lilies. Strangely there is nothing in the ingredients list to suggest that lilies have been used at all to create this aroma, yet the ylang ylang and jasmine both play a part in creating this overall fragrance. Described as being 'hauntingly beautiful', Moon On A Stick gives off a smell that has the sweetness of the jasmine, a subtle grassiness from the ylang ylang and the robust, headiness of the neroli.

When compared to other products in this scent family, I was impressed that the floral aroma was slightly sweeter than it's other counterparts. If there's one aspect of the shower gel and jelly that I dislike, it's that there is a slight underlying tang, that reminds me of flowers when they first begin to wilt. The bath bomb didn't seem to possess this at all, which I greatly appreciated.

While the bath bomb looks fairly average from the outside, you only have to add one to your tub to see that there is more than what meets the eye. To begin with, the bomb froths and fizzes - sending out thick, cream-coloured waves of white foam across the surface. However, a few seconds in and the magic begins to happen. This is when vivid waves of blue and purple begin to erupt out of the sides and pattern the water with beautiful swirls of colour. 

By the time the bath bomb has fully dissolved, you're left with a stunning deep purple-coloured water and the gentlest amount of silver lustre pulsating under the surface to give it that extra magical touch. This is definitely not what you'd expect from the bath bomb that mere minutes before had looked like the world's most boring lollipop.

What was surprising for me was just how well the scent lasted throughout the whole experience. Given how gentle it is, I was expecting the smell to dissipate within minutes of it coming into contact with the water. However, I was really  impressed to find that the fragrance remained present throughout the whole experience, and while I couldn't smell it that strongly on my skin after I had towelled myself down, there were elements present that mixed well with my Skin Sin Body Lotion.

While I will never love this scent as much as I know a lot of people do, this bath bomb has encouraged me to give my other Ghost products another chance, and I do have a slightly better understanding of why it is such a popular fragrance. Although I wouldn't claim to be won over completely, I would no doubt buy a couple of these again, if they were to appear in the Lush Kitchen.    

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid,Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium LaurethSulfate, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminumgrandiflorum), YlangYlang Oil (Canangaodorata), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantiumamara), Water (Aqua),LaurylBetaine, Cocamide DEA, Geraniol, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Silver Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate), Silver Stars, Silver Edible Lustre.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each. 





No comments

Post a Comment


UP