Recently

15 January 2017

Love You, Love You Lots Soap




It was before I'd even had an opportunity to smell this soap for myself, that I knew there was something familiar about this seasonal release. The impressive and rather staggering number of components derived from rose were all the clues that I needed to determine that this was definitely a case of product deja vu. And I was right. 

Sporting a completely different design, Love You, Love You Lots Soap may appear to be making its debut in 2017. However, while there are some changes to the ingredients list that will to be noted in this review, and I wouldn't say that it's not an exact replica, note-for-note, this limited edition soap shares its scent with last year's Roses All The Way.


Containing a rose petal infusion as the base ingredient, this product sports a combination of rose petals, rose oil and rose syrup, all of which have been added to give the soap a very distinctive and robust floral aroma. Yet it might be surprising to know that this product is not overly potent, neither is it exclusively floral. 

Instead, it is a delicate and very natural rose scent - one that is rich and sweet, yet light and almost what I would call refreshing. Very much on par with Rosy Cheeks Face Mask, this seasonal release smells like you've fallen into a bed of roses after it's been raining - the fragrance is delicately musky but has a 'wet', crisp element about it.

One of the key differences between this soap and Roses All The Way is that there is a distinct lack of kaolin in this year's release. While this component is known to be packed with natural minerals to soften the skin and absorb excess moisture, Lush have chosen to remove this in replacement of rose syrup.


First of all, this change means that the soap is far less drying on the skin. The extra oils give it the ability to smoothen and soften without removing any of the body's natural oils. Therefore, for someone such as myself, who often finds most soaps too drying to use very often, I can make this a part of my regular routine, and know that I won't be left with parched skin.

Secondly, the rich, sap-like nature of the rose syrup allows this soap to smell far more exquisite, and I believe that it is this very component that gives Love You, Love You Lots its delicate and very subtle fruity layer. This extra component reminds me a little of Cupid's Love Soap from last years range, as it gives the soap an almost soured, fruity note, which I believe comes from the inclusion of passionfruit and soya yoghurt.

At this stage, I should point out that this soap does not smell anything like Rose Jam in the slightest - it's far less musky and doesn't have any of the warming, sultry undertones that the popular fragrance fan boasts. Instead, this soap focuses on rose's more brighter, sweeter characteristics.

Finally - Love You, Love You Lots produces a different sort of lather than last year's rendition. Instead of the thick, almost-milky lather that Roses All The Way offers, you get a soap that is perhaps a little easier to manipulate, and one that produces more of a lighter but far oiler foam. I found that I only had to dampen my hands and massage the bar, and I was able to generate quite a good amount of product to clean myself with.

This is one of those soaps that can either be massaged between the palms of your hands to create a lather, or can be applied directly to the skin and it will produce a noticeable amount of foam straight away. Despite the lack of kaolin, my block did dry relatively quickly after I had finished using it as well. However, I would recommend that you pat it down after your shower, as the soap will not be able to absorb any excess moisture, and you'll find the bar shrinks a lot quicker this way.

Overall, as someone who claims not to be that much of a floral fan, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed using this soap. While it's not the most warming of smells to surround yourself with in the winter months, it is one that will leave your skin feeling really clean and radiant, and smelling like a fresh rose in a thunderstorm. And as far as fragrances go, I cannot ask for much than that, to be honest.

Quantitative Ingredients: Rose Petal Infusion, Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sorbitol, Water, Rose Syrup, Perfume, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Rose Petals, Rose Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Citronellol, Colour 14700, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £4.35 for 100g, £10.63 for 250g, £21.25 for 500g.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Love You, Love You Lots Soap

Roses All The Way Soap



1 comment

  1. I have both soaps now--I bought roses all the way last year and have some left, it still smells great. Yes, they definitely share a very similar scent

    ReplyDelete


UP