Recently

20 January 2017

Lush Cocktail: Unicorn Healing Misrule's Lonely Heart


Elska's 'Unicorn Healing Misrule's Lonely Heart' Cocktail

Contains:


Video:



Verdict:

While I love having such an extensive collection of bubble bars and bath bombs at my disposal, I realise that it's much more enjoyable using fresh ones if and when I can. Which is why over the next year I plan on halving the amount of bath products that I own, and plan on only keeping my all time favourite ones to enjoy across the year.

Although a mouthful to say, Unicorn Healing Misrule's Lonely Heart sounded like the perfect opportunity to try something completely different to what I'd normally go for in a cocktail, as well as use up some of my older bath bombs and bubble bars in the process. And while on paper this sounds like a rather strange collaboration of scents, it actually proved to be rather enjoyable once it had been combined. 

To begin with I crumbled the small piece of Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar under the running water. As I have stated many times before, this bubble bar doesn't really do much in the way of changing the colour of the water, especially a piece as small as the one I used for this cocktail. However, it does create some rather beautiful looking bubbles and does soften the water a little in the process.

Emitting a gentle and rather sweet lavender aroma, this product isn't exactly the most prominent of the ingredients, and if you are one of those people who are not particularly bothered about bubbles, you could even omit this one altogether or replace it for something a little stronger such as French Kiss Bubble Bar

Next I added in the quarter of Lonely Hearts Bubble Bar, which although small in size had a massive impact on the bath. Not only did it darken the water and give it a red tint but it produced an impressive amount of bubbles and instantly made its mark in terms of scent. Sharing its fragrance with Fizzbanger Bath Bomb and Love Liquid Perfume this bubble bar has a combination of lemongrass and bergamot oil, with lashings of jasmine and rose absolute to make it a highly zesty but strangely floral bubble bar at the same time.

With a blend of sweet orange, lemon myrtle and sandalwood oils, Uluru gives off a wonderfully uplifting and refreshing fruity smell - one that is unique and wholesome without being at all overpowering. While you would expect Uluru to have a tartness from the orange and lemon, this ballistic gives off an aroma that is more sugary and creamy. As I said in my review of the shower gel, the scent reminds me of the soft peach-flavoured jellies that you can get in most Pic N Mix selections. While there is a sherbety element to the fragrance, it only reveals itself in the bath - latching onto your skin and leaving it smelling beautiful. 

Finally, Lord Of Misrule finished off this rather alluring recipe. With a strong and very dominating blend of patchouli, black pepper and vanilla, this was definitely the strongest element to the bath bomb and I'd even go as far as saying that it might have been better to use a quarter of this to give the other products a better chance of making an impression. 

When all of the ingredients had been added, you could definitely smell both of the bath bombs and there was a faint hint of Lonely Hearts. While the bath water turned a vivid shade of ruby pink and swirls of colour remained for a while on the surface of the water, I found that the bubbles disappeared at an alarming rate and within five minutes of submerging myself, they had all but gone. 

In all honesty, this is a really hard cocktail to describe. I wouldn't say that it was floral or citrus, despite looking at the main smells in the products used that would suggest it should be a combination of both. I definitely enjoyed mixing these ingredients together because I would never thought of pairing any of them in the first place. However, I wouldn't say it was one I would use very often.    

Rating: 8.7 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.


















No comments

Post a Comment


UP