Recently

2 January 2018

Tiger Tiger Burning Bright Bath Bomb




For someone travelling on the tightest budget, and spending most of my time in Asia, I have had to very quickly get used to the idea that even a hot shower once a month is a luxury. For this reason, I absolutely relish in the thought of having a bath whenever I am able to make a pit-stop in the UK.

Given that Tiger Tiger Burning Bright was the first bath bomb I was able to use in almost eight weeks, it's safe to say that it wouldn't have taken much for any product to impress me on a higher level. However, I'm still able to recognise that my choice of bath bomb was an impeccable decision on my part, and I only hope that this makes an appearance nationally and internationally in the near future. 

In as many words, this is a bath bomb I have been waiting for, for a long time. Ever since the release of the shower gel back in 2015, which still stands as my favourite format out of the cream and itself, I have been pining over the possibility of other products sharing the same scent. This fragrance is perfectly suited as a bath bomb, and for this reason is my current favourite new release of 2018 so far.

Named after a very famous poem written by William Blake, this limited edition bath bomb is impressive for many reasons. Firstly, it is one of the first to contain Lush's newly formulated combination of sodium coco sulphate and cocomidopropyl. After reflecting on their journey to remove palm oil from all of their products, the company felt that some of their ingredients could still contain trace amounts of the oil - which would make it very difficult for them to prove that they were 100% free of any association with palm oil. For this reason, they have striven to find alternatives and have created these two components; both of which do the same job as older ingredients but are made from coconuts instead, which guarantees that no traces of palm oil will be found in any of their products. 

On a more personal level, Tiger Tiger Burning Bright is simply amazing because of its smell. Containing grapefruit, sandalwood and geranium, those who have never used Prince Charming Shower Cream before would probably be confused as to whether this was a citrusy, woody or floral bath bomb. To me, it's hard to put this bath bomb into any one of those three boxes.

To my nose, I would describe Tiger Tiger as being sweet, sultry and rather grounded. The grapefruit creates this delicious, fruity sweetness, without adding anything zesty to the mix; the geranium sits alongside this and offers a delicate, warm floral note that is slightly reminiscent of rose, albeit not powdery or domineering. Finally, the sandalwood adds a subtle woody thread, that brings all three elements together.

Much like the shower cream, this bath bomb smells a little like it has a secret helping of cocoa butter, as there is something slightly chocolately about the smell. However, do not be put off by this description if you're not a fan of 'foody' smells - the chocolate element is more like a sprinkle of cocoa powder than a helping of stodgy pudding. 

What I love about this bath bomb is that although it does replicate the Prince Charming scent, Lush have managed to create something slightly more delicate in this format, which prevents it from being too heavy or sickly. Whereas the shower cream can appear quite rich to some people's noses, this bath bomb is a little more powdery and rather more gentle in my eyes.   

In the tub, the bath bomb sits in the water and immediately sends out waves of orange foam that paints the surface like creamy winter coat. As Tiger Tiger continues to dissolve, a bright red stream of foam begins to expel from the centre of the ballistic, and this helps to create the beautiful vibrant shade of orange that you end up with.

What impressed me was that not only was the bath bomb really moisturising, and I was able to notice a difference on my skin after I had towelled myself down, but the scent was very prominent throughout the whole experience. While I wouldn't say that the bath bomb was at all weak when it comes to the strength of its fragrance, I was expecting the smell to dissipate quite a lot in the water. For this reason, I was really happy to discover that I could smell the aroma throughout my entire experience, and even when the water was fully drained as well. 

Having said that, I wasn't really able to detect this on my skin afterwards, which begs the question as to when Lush are going to bring out a massage bar or body lotion with this scent. A perfume, dusting power or body spray would also be very much appreciated. 

Overall, this is definitely a bath bomb that has to make a more commercial appearance at some point - not only because the design is interesting and the title would be appealing to many consumers, but because the smell is simply delicious and one I would use again and again. Tiger Tiger burning bright, Lush you need to make this a permanent product, alright?       

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fine Sea Salt, Grapefruit Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Geranium Oil, Cream Of Tartar, Water, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 47005, Colour 77499, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 15985:1, Colour 19140:1.  

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.00 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:




coming soon!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP